4/27/2009

WA7- first draft

-Good morning ladies and gentlemen. You are probably wondering why I am here to speak to you this morning. I am here to talk to you about the environment. Today in this world, everyone can make a difference. I'm sure you are wondering how you yourselves can make an impact but after we're done talking you will understand how even the little things can help. Before we start, does anyone have any questions?

-Yes, I do. We are all above the ages of 60, how can we help when some of us are in wheelchairs or bedridden?

-I am so thrilled you asked that question. Even just by recycling newspapers or bottles you're making a difference. After today, recycling containers will be placed in each room. I am hoping that you will organize groups to go and collect the items and then sort them. The home will then take the sorted items to designated recycling centers. Those who are unable to help with pick-up or sorting just need to make sure that they recycle their trash.

-What about those who want to do more, but can't help with the pick-up or sorting?

-Throughout this year, there will be other projects that will be more accessible to those who are confined to limits. There will be a committee made to design these, so that is one way to help. The projects will be non-stressful, but beneficial so anyone can help out. Now, does everyone here agree that we can make a difference?

-Yes!

-Good, I'm so glad we've been able to discuss this. Now, I will be back once a month to see what the progress is, but I am passing out sheets with my contact information so that you can call with any questions. Thank you so much for your time.

No comments: